Me on the web:
- A 2017 article from the Sheffield Star detailing the piano tuning work I carried out at the Sheffield train station: https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/piano-enthusiast-s-good-deed-for-public-pianos-1-8578320
- My youtube channel can be found here which includes my own recordings, song covers, music reviews and more – with piano tuning and piano repair videos coming soon: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzlVvtpcoLhyYkdI6j1tp2g/videos
- A separate website targeting Sheffield and South Yorkshire piano owners: www.pianotunersheffield.co.uk
- Apostles of Chaos – a melodic rock band in which I (attempt to) play lead guitar and write songs.
Piano Movers (Leeds and West Yorkshire):
Digital-Piano Repair Specialists (Leeds and West Yorkshire):
Links for piano buyers:
- The Piano Man – A superb piano shop in Harehills, Leeds. They specialise in upright, grand and used/refurbished pianos. It contains a wide-assortment of Yamaha, Kawai, Kemble and other recognisable brands and the staff are extremely knowledgable about pianos.
- Besbrode Pianos – another excellent piano shop in Leeds (containing many Japanese and Korean pianos last time I checked), located in the Holbeck area.
- Hobgolbin Music – A more general musical instrument shop in Leeds city centre. A must for anyone in search of a guitar, mandolin, banjo, violin, viola or cello. They also offer a wide variety of sheet music for aspiring pianists.
- A website designed by some of Britain’s most experienced piano tuners & technicians that provides a wealth of information on the most commonly found piano makes in Britain. A very useful guide or reference for anyone in search of a second hand piano: https://www.robertspianos.com/common-piano-makes-in-the-uk/
- A fascinating article from the telegraph on buying pianos: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/9966145/Buying-pianos-a-grand-idea-for-an-investment.html
Piano-related channels on Youtube:
Wikipedia articles of interest:
- Piano tuning (main article)
- The history of the piano (main article)
- A440 (pitch standard)
- Equal temperament
- History of pitch standards in Western music
- Inharmonicity in pianos
- The Railsback curve
- Piano acoustics
– Richard Lidster, Piano Tuner Leeds.